Sunday, August 18, 2013

Texlaxing at 7 weeks post

Every now and then I break the rules. This time I am forced to relax my hair at 7 weeks post. This is a shot of my new growth at 6 weeks post. My next texlaxer will be done next week Saturday.


I would like to relax every 10 to 12 weeks but sometimes my new growth makes it difficult to keep to this goal. I must say that I have noticed a tremendous growth spurt since my last relaxer. The only new thing I have added to my regimen is peppermint oil. I mix about 2 teaspoons into my conditioner and oil mix. It tingles while I am deep conditioning and also while I am rinsing. Could it be that this tingling is improving circulation in my scalp and therefore encouraging growth?

I also plan to start posting length checks from this next texlaxer. I stopped taking length check photos as I was always tempted to cut my hair into a blunt shape and because of this my length has not changed in the past year. However, I have vowed not to cut until at least December 2013.

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read how your touch-up turns out. I totally feel you on the cutting, I am also trying not to cut until the end of the year but like you said, the pics is making it harder since I love a blunt end also. I am not sure I can make it until the end of the year lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did your touch go?

      I nominated you for the Liebster Awards!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your relaxer, can't wait to see your results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's some great growth Carolyn!!! It looks like it's about 1.5 inches!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.