Thursday, April 19, 2012

Giving S-Curl another chance

Back in 2009 when I began my hair journey I started off with the glycerine based moisturisers. The first one I tried was Wave Nouveau and then after I moved onto S-Curl. My issue with this moisturisers were that they made my hair feel gummy. I believe my problem was that I was too heavy handed with my products.

This past week I was thinking about my current moisturisers which, although water based, tend to have a lot of oils in them which cannot really penetrate the hair strand. After a couple days of just moisturising and sealing on a nightly basis, my hair becomes oily and really weighed down. I remembered that I had a huge bottle of S-Curl sitting in my cupboard and decided to give it a try once more.

The result? I love it. I divided my hair into 10 sections and I used a squirt per section and then I sealed with coconut oil. My hair was happy. I remember when I first started my journey this product really helped me to retain my length. I was a religious S-Curl user when I first hit grazing BSL back in 2010. I now moisturise and seal morning and night and I am loving my hair. No greasy build up. No residue. Just soft, well moisturised hair. Yup, I'm back to using S-Curl and loving it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.