Sunday, November 13, 2011

I texlaxed my hair!

I know my original plan was to texlax at 18 weeks but I couldn't hold out anymore. I did a medium protein treatment on Monday and fought the itch to wash my hair and finally texlaxed today at 17 weeks and 1 day post.

It went well. I parted my hair in 4 sections and applied coconut oil to the length of my hair and then based the partings the with sofn'free Pre Relaxer Base with Olive Oil. I then used my relaxer staple which is the ORS Olive Oil Relaxer in Normal.

I texlax my hair in sections. I do the front sections first, rinse out the relaxer with water and then do the back. The back and front of my hair are different textures with the back processing a lot quicker than the front. I smooth with my gloved fingers which helps me get a texlaxed result rather than a bone straight result.

After I rinsed my hair with water to remove the relaxer on the surface of my hair, I applied my ORS Hair Mayonnaise and left it in my hair while I cleaned up the materials I used while relaxing. I will usually leave the conditioner in my hair anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes. The cuticle is still open at this point so the protein in the conditioner can be easily absorbed.

The next step was to neutralise. I did this twice. The first time I worked the shampoo into my hair in a downward movement. I then left the shampoo on for 2-3 minutes. I rinsed and then shampooed once more and left the shampoo in my hair for another 2-3 minutes. After that I deep conditioned with my ORS Hair Mayonnaise which I prefer to use after a relaxer rather than the ORS Replenishing Pak.

Normally I airdry and then flat iron my hair but seeing that I had flat ironed less than 4 weeks ago I was not too keen to put direct heat into my hair so soon. I instead decided to roller set my hair and let it airdry. I can get my texlaxed hair pretty straight with an airdried roller set once my hair is soaking wet when I roller set it. I use a spray bottle filled with water to saturate each section before rolling it. A few hours later after my hair had dried, I cross wrapped my hair. I will be taking it down tomorrow and will post photos of my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.